Funding

Helping Children with Autism Package

AES is a member of the Commonwealth Government’s Early Intervention Service Provider Panel, which allows each child under the age of 7 years to access up to $6,000 of funding per financial year for two years. This initiative is known as the ‘Helping Children with Autism Package’.

The Helping Children with Autism Package is available to eligible individuals in areas where NDIS has not yet been rolled out.

For further information regarding this initiative and to view our fee schedule please visit the Department of Social Services website (formerly known as FaHCSIA) using the following link.

Click here for more about the Helping Children with Autism Package

National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS)

AES is an accredited provider for the NDIS and is servicing families in eligible areas.

A bilateral agreement between The Commonwealth and Western Australian governments is in place for a nationally consistent, WA-delivered NDIS.

The scheme will be delivered by a new WA NDIS authority and will be governed by a seven-member independent WA Board. The WA Board and authority’s responsibilities will be set out in state legislation which will mirror the national legislation.

As part of the bilateral agreement, the Commonwealth will fund about 40 per cent of average package costs for people aged up to 64 and WA will cover the remaining 60 per cent. All the operational costs of the WA NDIS authority will be met by WA.

Those in the WA NDIS trial sites will see no change, while people in the National Disability Insurance Agency trial sites of Perth Hills, Bayswater, Bassendean, Chittering, Toodyay, Northam and York local government areas will move into the WA-delivered NDIS from 1 July 2017.

Implementation of the scheme to further areas will occur in phases between 1 July 2017 and 30 June 2020 based on a geographic roll out.

 Click here to see when the WA NDIS will be rolled out in your area

Assistance with Funding

If your child is able to access the WA NDIS as a participant, AES can assist families develop a plan of supports tailored to your child’s individual needs. Please contact us on 9240 5800 should you require assistance.